Ait Bouguemez Trek
Day 1 – Marrakech to Ait Bouguemez, via Demnate and Imi n’Ifri
We start our tour from your riad or hotel, then we drive north east of Marrakech, crossing the Tassaout valley to get to Demnate, one of the oldest Jewish settlements in Morocco. Our next stop will be the natural bridge of Imi n’Ifri, a natural archeological site that dates back to 180 million years ago. After this, we arrive to Ait Bouguemez.
After lunch we will enjoy our walk through the fields of the Happy Valley and make our way to see the footprints of dinosaurs! We then head up to the shrine of Sidi Moussa to have a nice view over the valley. Dinner and overnight in a guest house.
Day 2 – Ait Bouguemez to Marrakech, via Azilal and the Ouzoud Waterfalls
After enjoying our traditional Berber breakfast, we say goodbye to our home hosted family and drive back to Marrakech via a different way so to discover another part of the High Atlas. We will cross Ait Abbas and its windy pass.
After our first coffee stop in a small town called Azilal we drive to the highest water falls in Morocco (110m). We will enjoy a walk around the waterfalls before we stop for our lunch and leave to get back around 18 pm in Marrakech.
- – Private certified driver and air-conditioned transportation (4WD or normal car), incl. fuel;
- – Private certified English-speaking guide;
- – Pick up and drop off at your hotel in Marrakech;
- – 1 Overnight in a guesthouse in the Happy Valley;
- – 1 dinner, 2 lunches and 2 breakfasts.
- – Any drinks and meals not listed;
- – Tipping and souvenirs;
- – Accommodation in Marrakech;
- – Travel insurance.