Atlas Mountain and Atlantic Coast Trek
Day 1 – Marrakech
Arrive at any time, transfer to the hotel and meeting with your guide. Optional city tour of Marrakech in the afternoon.
Day 2 – Marrakech to Tizi Oussem
Transfer to Imi Oughlad in the High Atlas mountains. Enjoy a 6-hour walk up to the Tizi ‘n Tacht Pass, descending into the Azzadene Valley and the village of Tizi Oussem.
Day 3 – Tizi Oussem to Aremd
This morning we will be walking through villages on the northern slopes of Mt Toubkal. Walk over the Tizi mezik pass (1015m) where we are rewarded with magnificent views . We then descend to Aremd (1.900 m) where we stay in another village gite for the night, enjoying another local dinner cooked by the family of the house.
Day 4 – Aremd to Sidi M’bark (the Atlantic ocean)
Transfer to the south of Sidi Kaouki, on the coast where we meet our camel team. Sleeping out under canvas or, if you prefer, under stars in this peaceful beach, (matresses and sheets are provided, we recommend bringing your own sleeping bag and optional pillow). Overnight in beach camp.
Day 5 – Sidi M’Bark to Sidi Kaouki
Hopping onto camel back, we take off for a ride along the beach. These ships of the desert are noble creatures who carry us along the sandy expanse of the beach. After our picnic lunch, we continue to our beautiful beach known on the south of Essouira; Sidi Kaouki. Overnight in beach camp.
Day 6 – Sidi Kabuki to Essaouira
We rise early to make our last camel trek, of about 1/2hr to reach Essaouira, where we say goodbye to our camel team, transfer to Essouira then an orientation walk then The rest of the day is free to explore this quaint town with it’s small bustling medina full of crafts, art and music.
Day 7 – Essaouira to Marrakech
Free morning to explore Essaouira, after lunch we drive back to Marrakech, overnight in hotel.
Day 8 – Marrakech
Departure day! Leave at any time of the day. Transfer to the airport.
- – Private certified English- / French- / Spanish- / Italian-speaking guide;
- – Private certified driver and air-conditioned transportation;
- – 7 Overnights (standard mountain gîtes, beach camp tents, and standard hotels, comfort 3 to 4 star boutique hotels in Marrakech upon request);
- – All breakfasts (excl. day 1);
- – Walks of Toubkal National Park;
- – Camel trek on the beach from Sidi M’Bark to Sidi Kaouki;
- – Walk in Essaouira;
- – Transfer from and to the airport in Marrakech.
- – International flights;
- – Travel insurance;
- – Sleeping bags for overnights on the beach (not necessary in summer, recommended in winter);
- – Optional activities;
- – Additional meals and drinks not listed;
- – Tipping and souvenirs.